Apple Watch reviews are out, and here are my take-aways from them:
- It’s a first-generation Apple product, so it’s fundamentally flawed in some notable ways, and most people should wait for the next version.
- It’s a first-generation Apple product, so it’s also incredibly well-made and has a huge amount of promise.
- No one really knows if people actually want smartwatches and what we’ll want to use them for.
- I’ll probably still buy one, because I make poor choices. However, any question as to what “tier” I’ll get has been answered – it’s definitely not worth the asking price for anything better than the Sport model.
- The Verge’s web team is ridiculously talented.